General

Use this forum to post your ideas about how we can rebuild the party. The best ones as voted by the community may be incorporated in the plan we deliver to candidates for RNC Chairman.

The next RNC Chairman should...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. get the republicans to address enviromental issues.

Politians in the republican party have to start addressing eviromental issues. Many republican politians do not even address the eviroment on their websites. Also republicans have to educate themselves on the eviromental issues especially climate change. Republicans will be left behind on climate change when the rest of the world knows climate change will have a negative effect on our childrens lives. Republicans are losing many votes because the party ignores the enviroment. Nothing else manners if our children do not have clean water and clean air in the future.

I like republican economics, but cannot vote Republican until the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Stop being Hypocrits

If conservative, be conservative. Q: Where do you find Republican legislators?
      A: In the gym with their Democrat buddies.
      Q: How can you tell a conservative Republican? A: The same way you can tell a conservative Democrat. Q: How do Republicans protect the Constitution? A: By allowing the President to appoint Muslims who hate it to important positions where they can betray us!

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • read this article http://voices.yahoo.com/saving-republican-party-maintaining-competitive-11998521.html

The Republican Party must reach out and build bridges to the working class, as most voters are working class. The follwing article describes how the GOP can bring in working class voters. http://voices.yahoo.com/saving-republican-party-maintaining-competitive-11998521.html

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Show The Faces And Hear The Voices Of The Future

The voices of ou future may be louder than one might think.
          I have a 16yo son who was looking for a job, could not find one and decided to start his own business and has been successful. He is very concerned about his future and what the job outlook will be when he is done with college. The fact that he now pays taxes and has no voice disturbs him.
          THE POINT AND IDEA- Putting a face and voice to the future is never done by the party. The Dems- put a young minority child on stage while signing…

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Move towards common sense

Hispanics are largely Catholic, yet, Republican party got little support from this group. Perhaps, family values are not as important as party thinks. Republicans are too conservative on social issues, and Democrats are too liberal on fiscal/economic issues. Republicans tend to have too much religion in their campaigns/issues - it's becoming less attractive for a growing group of voters. I am interested in voting for a party of "Common Sense" - middle of the road. OK, maybe a little conservative on fiscal/economics and a little liberal on social issues. It would seem that neither party (Republican or Democratic) is capable…

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Show that GOP represent more than Millionairs and special interest Groups

Democrats and the Media constantly brand the GOP as the party that represents faceless special interest groups (i.e.: NRA, Millionairs, etc.) It's easy for the democrats to attack faceless groups without directly (or openly) attacking any particular group of Low to Middle class American citizens (voters), This disingenuous approach allows voters from both sides to join the Liberal fight because they don't see their attack as one against their neighbor, brother or coworker but rather one against a group they cannot relate to.

The GOP needs to show that Republicans are (and include) low and middle class people from all…

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Don't shut down the government for everything

Yes it impacts the president but it makes a republican congress look weak as hell . Don't pay think tanks to just blindly agree with your policy. Do scientific research. Don't be afraid of facts. Don't back stupid think tanks that are not scientific. You lose the scientific community immediately. That community is the growing one. Get real.

2 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Stop FOX's overt programming to support blindly - it ruins faith in people

It really is terribly obvious and they have been outed. It's so overtly political and partisan people tune out. They don't trust you anymore.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • First, don't play deep partisan politics and sue for everything

Don't pay think tanks to agree with you. Don't collect money from rich corporations. Look at ads on all websites about Obama's mom and where he was born. Those are plain stupid. Honestly people see through it and hate it. It's annoying to get scary emails that tell you how Obamacare is going to ruin my life. Don't sue about everything the democrats do. I have many republican friends who left the party after the whitewater waste of tax dollars, then all the suing that happens. Stop being so aggressive and polarizing. It's plain ugly politics and it hurts deeply.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Unify the GOP

Stop the infighting. If the party has dissention in the ranks, other party members openly criticizing each other-how do you expect anyone else to support whatever you come up with? So far I have seen three prominent party members openly criticizing various ideas or actions presented by the GOP. That is your biggest problem, you are not unified. Do more to try to appeal to the media, right now it is blatantly liberal and does not do anything to portray the GOP in a positive light.

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • We must return to Constitutional division of gov't between Federal and the States

Our system of gov't needs a "reset": US Constitution ... "take #2".

The Republican Party should be the organization which carries this to conclusion. But to do so, some platforms of the Republican party will have to 'die'. The existing incarnation of the Democrat party is treasonous and irrelevant. They are worse than Marxists and they are dishonest tyrants.

This is long-ish because I am nearly totally recreating the USA SYSTEM of gov't. Also, this is a 'draft' document; as such, I did not edit for proper verb tense, proper sentence structure, etc.

The primary role of the Federal gov't…

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Redefine the core of the party as the middle/right not the far right

Stop being the party of the "Crazies" and instead focus on restoring America as a world leader by 1) Embracing science and technology - unless we lead here, we lose our place in the world, 2) Protect our country - our land and environment that make us great, Teddy Roosevelt had it right - we have to preserve our environment versus attack. China will fail because it has no respect for the health of the environment and its people. 3) Focus on driving the economy versus destroying the government. You turn off republicans like me when you define success in…

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Focus on professionalism, make politics respected again

Do only that buisness which is in accordance with the constitution and existing law. Create a civics test that must be taken (proctored) and passed before anyone may run for congressional office. This test should include, in detail, how every branch of government functions. Make a positive impact on society through professional, rational and ethical behavior. Compromise when needed to do the peoples buisness. In short, re-make the profession of politics into one to be admired and respected. Let only reasoned, measured and thoughful action guide us.

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Stop the war on women's rights

The party should denounce wing-nuts like Cathrynn Brown who propose outrageous legislation against women. This bill would charge a rape victim with felony tampering with evidence for getting an abortion? Would a republican majority actually pass this?

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-mexico-post-rape-abortion-bill-2013-1

2 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • be honest and respectful of all Americans. Not arrogant and negative about other politicians

Don't be negative, disrespectful and arrogant. You look desparate. The internet adds that say stupid things about democrats and hurting your cause not helping. People see through it after a while. Be genuinely open-minded and honest and people will support you. Stop bringing the government to a halt. Even your supporters now see the speaker (and the Republicans) as a real hater and don't think they should continue to support you.

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Offer Hispanics, other minorities, and all Americans free market solutions that are better than handouts

I consider myself a Hispanic republican since the 1980's. I voted for Reagan and Bush Sr.. My parents emigrated from Cuba escaping communism and I was born in the USA. My distant relatives still there say the system is unbearable. The system does not work because the government controls everything therefore there is no incentive to work hard and produce.

Hispanics ARE HARDWORKING, FAMILY ORIENTED, CHRISTIAN, SOCIALLY CONSERVATIVE, AND BELIEVERS IN THE AMERICAN DREAM. HEY I JUST DESCRIBED A TRUE REPUBLICAN!!!!

THE REPUBLICAN PARTY NEEDS TO DO:
                                  1) REALLY include latinos and minorities in the GOP. The visuals from the…

3 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Run petitions in States such as Washington to repeal the "All or None" Electorial Vote.

Run petitions in States such as Washington to repeal the "All or None" Electorial Vote. Washington State has basically 3 counties out of the State that capture the majority of the Electorial vote. Many of the voters are tired of their votes getting hijacked by those counties. It would make the blue states less of a shoe-in for the Democrates. Instead of getting 12 Electorial votes there might only be 7 with greater propencity for the difference to be capitulated elsewhere.

3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Stop disregarding the young and minority vote.

Young people and hispanics will vote Republican if we can get our message out . I know a lot of young voters who vote democrat when they support conservative principles. I think it's because they do not ever hear a clear message from Republicans directed their way. We need to be working with younger voters on how to solve problems, instead of telling them we know what's best. We need to evolve and be the party of the future rather than just assuming these voters will vote democrat.

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Create HARD-HITTING ads to overcome media bias

As long as the media is controlled by Obama, the only remedy will be to create memorable ads that hit hard at the facts instead of flooding my mailbox with literature that I don't need. I was aghast to learn that as late as a few days before election day, people, when asked what they thought of Benghazi, responded "who is he"? While you can't blame the public when the information isn't out there, it's a losing battle if we don't take it upon ourselves to do something about it.

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Embrace and educate minoritis and immigrants to the American dream and our proud history

I was struck recently by the message of a hispanic caller on a conservative radio talk show. Although the hispanic caller could appreciate Romney's anti-big government message and he himself voted Republican, he conveyed a message with regard to the rest of the hispanic community. He said the reason they vote Democratic is because they come from places where they are accustomed to the Government taking care of them. They come from places where they are not given the opportunity to function or really even think indendently...so they vote for what they know and are comfortable with! Let's face it,…

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base