The next RNC Chairman should...

Run Inspiring Candidates

The GOP has to STOP nominating the next in line. Dole, McCain. We can not keep going to the old white military hero well. Nor the Bush family. With a longer resume as governor, someone like a Sarah Palin will be that inspiration. Same for Jindal. He has a really inspiring story. We have to give people a reason to vote FOR Republicans, not against the other candidate. And, they must be able to articulate conservative ideas a la Reagan.

400 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    righty64righty64 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

100 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • anonymousanonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Palin and Jindal is this some sort of joke. Palin's tard baby is more intelligent than see is, and Jindal has the charisma of a corpse. If that's the best this party has to offer we might as well crawl in a hole and die.

PS: We may not like Obama but that man's a genius. He took our best canidate (Huntsman) and shipped him off to China.

• tamcamrytamcamry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To all of you who are actually conservatives reading these comments, look at what the left does. They come in and post ridiculous things like Bobby Jindal isn't American, or offensive things like using the n word in the post below mine. These are the tactics the left has used to win a super majority. You and I may not like it, but we need to fight fire with fire.

• jeffpiersonjeffpierson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The neglect of the Republican Party for candidates with a truly fresh message such as Ron Paul is evidence that the party hasn't woken up! During the primaries Congressman Paul was systematically slighted and blocked out and the Republican Party to whom he has devoted his years in congress for did next to nothing to defend him.

• kathleenharriskathleenharris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Jindal would just release his birth certificate, maybe this controversy about him being born in Pakistan would go away. Why won't he release it? Why? What's he hiding?

• GWeheGWehe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should START WITH the lowest levels of local and state government. Get the counties first, then the state legislatures, then the Senate and House seats, then the Cabinet appointments and then the White House.

• stantheman8609stantheman8609 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One question that often goes unanswered is "How do you unite the entire GOP spectrum behind their candidate?" The answer is simple: By offering up candidates who appeal to conservatives, moderates and even liberals with a platform that promotes effective governance AND increases both economic and personal freedom simultaneously, the Party of Reagan will be the Party of America's Future once again.

• BmanBman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"And, they must be able to articulate conservative ideas a la Reagan. "

Well that certainly leaves Sarah Palin out in the cold. And all I have to say is thank GOD!!! Run inspiring candidate is under consideration? Consideration of what? Maybe it's just a little obvious to me that the general concept should be a no brainer.

• rftbunnyrftbunny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there are few inspiring candidates because they are all identical and argue over technicalities of policies they all agree with anyway ... shake it up and introduce diversity of opinion

• Brisco25Brisco25 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rasmussen is right, Palin was the choice of most Republicans. When I saw that polling data, I knew the party was dead, not dying, that was endorsing George Bush and then acting like we didn't. Anyone supporting Palin is a pall-bearer for the GOP. It is intellectual suicide. Don't believe me? Look at another poll...the one taken November 4, 2008.

• phoenix39phoenix39 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Real ID Act was poorly written and is being poorly implemented. It's time to scrap this unfunded mandate. Many states have passed "no comply" legislation.

The Patriot Act overstepped the boundaries of what government's presence in our lives should be. This isn't China!

I trust the military to fight terror, not politicians.

I've seen the worst of both parties the past 16 years.

The Patriot Act and Real ID Act are not about fighting terrorism, sir. It's about fear and control of the American people.

Just because some elitist politicians enjoy playing the "what if we had Real ID before 9/11" game does not make this the right choice. I can play the "what if" game too. How about, "What if politicians didn't pander to illegals for the past 25 years?"

"Bobby Jindal voted yes on the Patriot Act... yes for the Real ID act."

An inspiring candidate would be someone who opposes these infuriatingly Unamerican ideas.

• Madfoot713Madfoot713 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jindal might have a chance, but only if he can prove to be smart. Don't go authoritarian future of the part: focus on real conservative values, individual rights and fair representation.

• Madfoot713Madfoot713 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jindal might have a chance, but only if he can prove to be smart. Don't go authoritarian future of the part: focus on real conservative values, individual rights and fair representation.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base