The next RNC Chairman should...

Reach out to Blacks, Latinos, Gays, and the Youth

The party needs to become more inclusive and actively reach out to these communities. It means going directly into these communities and articulating why Republican policies and philosophy are best for these communities. Being young and Black, I have seen democratic policies continue to fail, and I believe if there is a real grassroots effort in these areas, and other communities (particularly college campuses), that it will take hold. We have to take the fight directly to democrats on their turf. It also means, becoming more progressive. By that I mean, holding fast and true to our conservative core beliefs, but understanding that there has to be compromise.

371 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    catacombcatacomb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

97 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • gaol orientedgaol oriented commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"ACCEPTANCE" IS JUST THE FIRST STEP DOWN THE ROAD TO MANDATORY GAY MARRIAGES TO INANIMATE OBJECTS. YESTERDAY I SAW A BLACK MAN ON MY GOLF COURSE. WHEN I YELLED AND WAVED MY CLUB AT HIM HE TRIED TO***RAPE MY LIBERAL GRANDDAUGHTER*** SHE WAS ASKING FOR IT OF COURSE BUT STILL ***NO MIXING!!***

• IHateChiggersIHateChiggers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

KEEP THE UNTOUCHABLES OUT. THIS ISNT QUEER NATION. JAY SEVERIN WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE MEXXICANS. WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE WAKE UP? I DISAGREE WITH SLAVERY BECAUSE LOOK WHERE IT BROGHT US NOW..NOBAMA AND BEYONCE BLACKLAND. SORRY, WE ARE WHO WE ARE PEOPEL. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT , GO TO HELL AND GET OOUT OF THE PARTY, YOU RINOS.

• gaol orientedgaol oriented commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope you get gay raped by an investment banker. In fact, I would betray my convictions and cheer as the entire financial industry ran train on your ass then lit their post coital cigars with TARP money.

• danielbrophydanielbrophy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have reached out to all of these groups, except gays (and rightly not). The problem isn't the lack of trying. It's the lack of a hand out. The people we REALLY need to reach out to are BLUE COLLAR WORKERS! The way to do this is to support raising tariffs, and protecting our vital manufacturing base. There are a lot more factory workers than investment bankers in this country!

• KinleyKinley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not that Republicans need to make a compromise, it's that the party itself needs to be more open. Republicans definitely must articulate how their policies are beneficial to much of the black and Latino community but they should not reach out to them, they must choose a side for themselves...and in the meantime the Republicans need to be open to all walks of life.

• jeffreywturnerjeffreywturner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

About the whole same-sex marriage thing, regardless wether some hetero-couples can procreate, the basic truth is that marriage is the building block of society. Even when the gays were in charge (ie: ancient Greece), they STILL didn't recognize marriage between same-sex couples, because they saw that gaydom was about sexual pleasure and marriage was about family, not homophobic, just common sense.

DEM and Ben, Remember, the GOP has always been the party in favor of equality. It is "Special rights" we are opposed to. For instance, we were for integration, but not quotas. We are for the rule of law (ie: punish those who commit crimes against gays, etc.) but we are not for hate crimes legislation (ie: make those crimes special).

Dem, when I refer to "hand-outs" in my posts, welfare is included, but it is only part of it. For instance, when people get their children to intentionally flunk the IQ test so that they will be deemed mentally disabled so that they can collect a check, that is a "hand-out" as well. Traditionally, Dems have been more permissive and less aggressive in going after such abuses.

• frickerfricker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DEM
        "[men] can get STDs too; "
        Yes, but men dont have as much soft tissue and long term fluid exposure. Combine with frictional tears... you get the picture, women are more vulnerable.

"The ability to become pregnant is not a vulnerability."

Too right, shades of Obama "Punished with a baby" statement!, BUT I would qualify unmarried pregnancy as a vulnerability. Unmarried men can skate.

DEM
        "You still didn't address my issue about people who are infertile."
        Actually, you brilliantly answered this: "Civil marriage is not ONLY about procreation."

"Men are more fragile than women" only in the womb, when testosterone hits the brain. That is why more boys are conceived then girls, to account for this.

"have shorter lifespans"
        Why do men die sooner? Because they CAN!

• salesninjasalesninja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We were once the party of ideas - conservative ones. Now we are the party who follows Democrats. We are no longer leaders. Any wonder why Obama was elected?
        When Republicans act like Democrats we get Democrats elected. We have to know that we are pro-life, pro second amendment, marriage is between a man and a woman, low taxes and small government. There can not be any compromise.

• duanejduanej commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strong conservative ideals inspire people. Adherence to values of substance will inspire more people to join our ranks. We are not the party of hate. We leave that to the Democrats. We include people who share our values. Our values and ideals have a broad appeal. Only when we can get the wolves in sheeps clothing (John McCain, et al) out of the party, we will win again.

• benbullockbenbullock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We used to be the progressive party. What happened? Not 100 years ago, we were the party that championed individual liberty, civil rights, votes for women, and the abolition of slavery. When did our party get hijacked by mean little men with plans to use people's hatred to win elections?

• DEMDEM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Then why can't a brother and sister get married?"-Fricker
        Very good point! Perhaps I should amend my statement:

Civil marriage is not ONLY about procreation.

You still didn't address my issue about people who are infertile.

Men are more fragile than women, have shorter lifespans, and can get STDs too; Are men not vulnerable too? The ability to become pregnant is not a vulnerability.

hottsprings is right. Reagan lead with a brilliant conservative agenda and persona, and people of all stripes voted for him. Who have we run since? Bush, Dole, Bush, McCain; all good men, all moderate putzes who do not inspire. That is when we get into trouble with the particular sub groups.
        If we ran Reagans instead of Doles, this problem would fix itself. good onya, hottsprings

• hottspringsshottspringss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We don't need to reach out to any particular group. We need to regain a conservative stance and let people know about it. We need to quit trying to be things for different people and stand for what we stand for and hope there are enough like us to get our guys elected.

" Civil marriage is not about procreation, "
        Then why can't a brother and sister get married? You are trying to downplay one of the most important reasons for marriage in order to push your myopic little gay issue. Give it up! marriage is what marriage is, push back the radical queer army!

dem
        btw, stating obvious truths like "Women are the most vulnerable to sexuality since they receive all the consequences (std's and pregnancey) and the men don't." is NOT sexist, it is merely true.
        Only on oversensitive ass would say that was sexist. Oh, wait...
        men and women are different. If you disallow people from stating the obvious, then you subscribe to political correx, not truth.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base