The next RNC Chairman should...

Reach out to Ron Paul and the Campaign for Freedom

The younger generation is overwhelmingly turning away from the social conservative platform perpetuated by what they see as "old, grumpy, white guys"
Instead they are turning by the thousands to people such as Ron Paul and his Campaign for Freedom to give them fresh perspective and a new outlook on the way a government should be run.

Ron Paul already has mobilized the younger generation through the use of the internet (just check out facebook and see who the most supported candidate was through the primaries)...

If the RNC ignores this youthful, strong, and passionate subset of the population, the party will increasingly become less relevant as these young people grow up.

5,884 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kingjoeviikingjoevii shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1232 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robert BroughRobert Brough commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ron paul appears to the single Republican that actually is responsive the wishes of a true Republican and not just some Democrat that has turned the Republican party into a source of funds to get Democrats elected and turned Republications into Obama & Democrat puppets. Rubio is a perfect example. The Republication party wasted contributed funds to get him elected only to have him vote for every Obama bill but he also created the the "immigration reform bill". This bill is not an immigration bill in reality it is an amnesty bill which the american public is dead set against. If the Republican party allows for a shell game switch in the upcoming house debates in order to pass the amnesty bill, the republican party can just hang up their hats and go home because they will cease to be a political party in the USA. Up to the Obama adminestration I was a loyal Republication that voted along party lines and supported them financially. In the future you will not get my support unless you can convince me and other conservative Republicans that you have made some radical changes ( not being a Democratic puppet) and this will take time to win back the support of true Republicans.

• Kevin AltmillerKevin Altmiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Show The Faces And Hear The Voices Of Our Future

This is my post, take a look and give me some feedback, I think it gives some insight to this posting.

• Kevin AltmillerKevin Altmiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a 16yo who thinks Ron Paul is the best, as well as many of his friends. I believe the reason is the bias in the schools, for a kid that wants a futre, has moral values, understands the fact that there are winners and loosers, and is trying to plan for the future feel defeated already. I will say I think the biggest piece of his understanding is the fact that he reads about history. If you look at history, ther is no bright future ahead for his gen.

• Floyd Sellers, Ph.DFloyd Sellers, Ph.D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please DO NOT RAISE THE DEBT LIMIT. Keep the Democrates at last years spending limits.

Please read this following article on Social Security:

Remember, not only did you contribute to Social Security but your employer did too... It totaled 15% of your income before taxes. If you averaged only 30K over your working life, that’s close to $220,500. If you calculate the future value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer’s contribution) at a simple 5% (less than what the govt. pays on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working (me) you’d have $892,919.98. If you took out only 3% per year, you receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years, and that’s with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit! If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you’d have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month. The folks in Washington have pulled off a bigger Ponzi scheme than Bernie Madhoff ever had.

I didn't try to clean up the language in this message. It makes a better impact as it is.

Entitlement my ass , I paid cash for my social security insurance!!!! Just because they borrowed the money , doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout !! Congressional benefits , aka. free healthcare , outrageous retirement packages , 67 paid holidays , three weeks paid vacation , unlimited paid sick days , now that's welfare , and they have the nerve to call my retirement entitlements !!!!!!.....scroll down..............

What the HELL's wrong??? WAKE UP AMERICA !!!!

Tuesday's Daily Bulletin paper, ran two articles on the front page side by side :

1. California's 20 Billion Dollar Budget Deficit.

2 The Calif Supreme Court ruling that ILLEGALS can attend college and get benefits.

Why don't they just deport them when they arrive to register?

3 Last year they ran an article on the yearly costs to Calif Taxpayers from Illegals using Hospital Emergency Rooms for their general health care -

At just one hospital the cost to tax payers totaled over 25 million a year

Someone please tell me what the HELL's wrong with all the people that run this country!!!!!!

We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.,???????????

In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti, Chile, and Turkey. Now Pakistan......home of bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid nor do they get any breaks while our government and religious organizations pour Hundreds of Billions of $$$$$$'s and Tons of Food to Foreign Countries!

They call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives and now when its time for us to collect, the government is running out of money. Why did the government borrow from it in the first place?

We have hundreds of adoptable children who are shoved aside to make room for the adoption of foreign orphans.

AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without 'needed' meds, and mentally ill without treatment –etc. etc.

YET.....................
        They have a 'Benefit' for the people of Haiti on 12 TV stations, ships and planes lining up with food, water, tents clothes, bedding, doctors and medical supplies.

Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to other countries.

Sad isn't it?

99% of people won't have the guts to forward this.

I'm one of the 1% -- I Just Did

• Grace GSNPGrace GSNP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHY don't republicans back-up Ron Paul who has spoken TRUTH for years? on AUDIT FED who secretly paid banks of world $16T in stimulus - it's documented, and FEDS want more - another stimulus coming.
        our DEBT is growing and our country is bankrupt but TV News Media not reporting but Ron Paul does. AND Romney is the Gordon Gekko of 2011 "The Job Killer" as shown on Democracy Now dot org - Obama's backers would be just as happy with Romney as Obama. BEWARE of Romney.

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/4/15/offshore_banking_and_tax_havens_have

• wizard61wizard61 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is so much room for an anti-Republican party... Ron Paul has painted himself into a bit of a corner, but, even so -- look at the energy! If a third party could boomerang back around to drag the GOP back towards true conservatism -- what a wonderful thing that would be!

• McLiebermanMcLieberman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The whole country views the NEOCON leaders of the Republican Party as the Authoritarian Jingoists of America.

How do you rebuild a party with the same OLD POWER RINOS running it? This is like Hilter rebuilding his party as a kinder, gentler party and nation. It Ain't gonna fly... To rebuild the party, you have to get the NEOCONS and EVANGELICALS that hi-jacked the party in the 70's through today, OUT! Then start clean, because the republicans don't have a foot to stay on, after taking most of American's rights and liberties away, Massive spending and deficits, and Cronie Capitalism.

Rid the once proud party of the Ultra right 1984, Fear Inducing, Power grabbing, Self-Centered, Corporate whores, and restore the GOP party of; small gov, sound money, freedoms, liberties, and TRUE FREE markets.

• jmartin8jmartin8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The GOP is seen as the "establishment" or the "law enforcement" or authoritarian party by many young people. Ron Paul has a very anti-authoritarian message and is still pro small government and traditionally republican. Embrace Ron Paul and kick the neo-cons to the out of the party.. they were never real conservatives anyways, just opportunistic war mongers. THINK about it. Did Bush shrink government? NO. The true small government conservatism took a back seat to his big government "nation building" agenda. 2006 & 2008 elections were a public repudiation of the neo-cons and their big government authoritarianism.

• jmartin8jmartin8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the best idea there is, possibly with the exception of ending the war on drugs. Why is the GOP unpopular among young people?

1) because they support putting peaceable pot smokers in jail (and LOTS of young people use pot - that fact is inescapable. not all of them are dirty hippie liberals either)

2) Because the GOP turned down the only candidate that was ever really attractive to young people - Ron Paul, in favor of the non-conservative, non-interesting, big government John McCain.

The republican party is supposed to be about SMALL GOVERNMENT, states rights, and individual rights! The Federal government's war on drugs is totally contrary to ALL of these conservative principles, and it alienates young people from the party.

Stay pro-life, go back to small government republicanism, embrace Ron Paul, and DITCH the failure known as the War on Drugs.

• jaspianjaspian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aaron - you seem to believe that a constitution "replete with references to God" is irreconcilable with secularism. You seem to forget that the founding fathers were DEISTS, especially JEFFERSON whom you even quoted here. They too were staunch secularists, and your argument that Ron Paul is not a secularist is refuted by your own quote. Church "in public life" does not in any way imply state-controlled religion, nor religious influences in the state. It doesn't even imply the endorsement of religion. It merely means that one is allowed to identify with a religion, even if they are in public life, such as a politician.

Furthermore, a Google search of the quotes you supposedly cited only comes up with this page, meaning that they are either misquotes, or made up. Yet a broader Google search on Ron Paul and Separation of Church and State does provide quotes OPPOSITE of what you're suggesting.

"The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian yet religiously tolerant America" - Ron Paul

"When fascism comes to this country it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Ron Paul

As for your quotes, if you actually read the article that they come from, you're taking the quotes entirely out of context. The article is extremely moderate.

Furthermore... here's some quotes from Founding Fathers...

"Revelation assures us that 'righteousness exalteth a nation." - S. Adams

"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labour to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens." G. Washington

"Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are a gift of God?" - T. Jefferson

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - J. Adams

So in recap, Ron Paul was right. The Founders were religious, but many were Deists. They were also all secularists, who wanted no federal endorsements of religion - Ron Paul is the same. He's also correct that the founder's writings are full of references to God. But once again: secularism doesn't mean lack of religion, it means lack of religion ENDORSED by the state.

• PetePete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Of course the GOP should reach out the Paul supporters and Campaign for Liberty folks. To do so is to cut off a voting bloc, and isolate an activist bunch, as well as ensure that a good amount of likely Republicans stay home on election day.

You who are still fighting the primary battle: Shame on you!

• PetePete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmmm. This is under review huh? Some of my Republican brothers and sisters really disappoint me with the whole fetish for shutting down debate. It happens at every convention I go to. Some or another group is the (sometimes only slight) minority, and the majority uses Roberts Rules to do whatever it can to silence the voice of the minority.

Bad moves, as voting this post as "inappropriate."

• gaol orientedgaol oriented commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The world is a dangerous place. It's a real jungle out there. That's what those libs and libertarians don't realize. Heh, not like me. I'm a grizzled veteran of the foreign policy game. And I'm Conservative. Repercussions? Ramifications? Leave those to the libs, my party goes balls to the walls, guns a blazin', all out all the time! PEW! PEW! OOH-RAH!!

• gabeiacobonigabeiacoboni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ron Paul gets traction with young voters and to some extent voters like me because of his stances on limited govt and fiscal restraint. However he loses all traction with me on his no existance foreign policy and his refusal to accept that the world is dangerous. Other then trade policy Obama is a isolationist and in this world that is insane.

• danielbrophydanielbrophy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The attraction of Ron Paul to young people has nothing to do with image. It has to do with the fact that Ron Paul represents what the Republican Party is supposed to be about. Disempowering the government. Our party needs to wake up to the fact that this idea has huge grass roots support. More importantly, it's the constitutional path. Figure it out, or we keep losing elections.

• HarryNRubinHarryNRubin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And to gaol oriented, class war is inherently collectivist, just like the neoconservatives are collectivist. They are both victims of the same ideology and the only solution is individualism.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 61 62

Feedback and Knowledge Base