The next RNC Chairman should...

Reach out to Ron Paul and the Campaign for Freedom

The younger generation is overwhelmingly turning away from the social conservative platform perpetuated by what they see as "old, grumpy, white guys"
Instead they are turning by the thousands to people such as Ron Paul and his Campaign for Freedom to give them fresh perspective and a new outlook on the way a government should be run.

Ron Paul already has mobilized the younger generation through the use of the internet (just check out facebook and see who the most supported candidate was through the primaries)...

If the RNC ignores this youthful, strong, and passionate subset of the population, the party will increasingly become less relevant as these young people grow up.

5,883 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kingjoeviikingjoevii shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1232 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HarryNRubinHarryNRubin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe Aaron makes a good point, but at the same time, while Ron Paul believes the Founding Fathers wanted Christian traditions to be a part of our public lives, the Founding Fathers did not intend to have a massive public school system. Also, Thomas Paine is a good Founding Father to point out who opposed organized religion.

• gaol orientedgaol oriented commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What Ron Paul doesn't realize is that there can be NO WAR BUT CLASS WAR. Ron Paul is wrong. The principle that there can be NO WAR BUT CLASS WAR must be applied internationally with cooperation amongst the working classes of all nation states. When it is universally recognized that there can be NO WAR BUT CLASS WAR the neoconservative movement will wither and die.

• charlesn12charlesn12 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet these same folks say in a chant...: "Principals and Values" - in a meaningless way...that has no true value what-so-ever!

*they=GOP

are seeing the effect if you keep putting in Bush/McCain/Clinton/Obama...etc. History repeats itself...till someone figures what is right!!

Aaron - you make a great point...I am on facebook and a female commented on this very same topic and pointed a finger at those who did not support McCain as the reason for Obama to win...the third party voters...reason why third party voters did what they did...

A) GOP tossed Ron Paul out with support to John McCain...
        B) Thumbed their nose at the Constitution...
        and now they are...(cont.)

• AaronAaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

. . . with * RON PAUL OVER the meaning . . . (my apologies for not proof-reading)

"The establishment clause of the First Amendment was simply intended to forbid the creation of an official state church like the Church of England, not to drive religion out of public life." - Ron Paul

Thomas Jefferson seems to disagree with the meaning of the Establishment Clause, no?

"I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their "legislature" should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between church and State." -- Thomas Jefferson

Was Jefferson not a Founding Father?

"The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers." - Ron Paul

"the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation’s Christian heritage" -- Ron Paul

So, is Ron Paul part of the war that is being waged against Christianity which he decries? Does that mean he has multiple personality disorder or is just self-loathing? Or is jaspian just a complete idiot?

I guess there's really not a reason to choose.

jaspian: "I haven't heard something this stupid and ridiculous in a long time. I watch all of Ron Paul's speeches, and I think I've only heard him say "God" once. He is a religious man, but he is a STAUNCH SECULARIST. Plz do your homework"
        I've done my homework, moron. Try doing yours:
        "The Constitution is replete with references to God." - Ron Paul http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul148.html

• catocato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tactical point: The Ron Paul camp offers a clear break from recent Republican policies. The Bush regime has utterly destroyed the credibility of the current Republican policies and leaders in the eyes of the public. It's time to start over. The Ron Paul "R3volution" includes the fundamental principles that are worth preserving in the Republican party, but none of the garbage that should be dumped.

• jaspianjaspian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Considering that Ron Paul is a social conservative (who can't tell the Constitution from the Bible)"

I haven't heard something this stupid and ridiculous in a long time. I watch all of Ron Paul's speeches, and I think I've only heard him say "God" once. He is a religious man, but he is a STAUNCH SECULARIST. Plz do your homework

• Bryan BBryan B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its obvious what us younger conservatives want and Ron Paul represents it!!!!! Im 21 by the way.

• Madfoot713Madfoot713 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Considering that Ron Paul is a social conservative (who can't tell the Constitution from the Bible)"

On a personal level he may be, but as strong a fundamentalist Ron Paul is, he seems to believe even stronger on keeping the federal government small and leaving the powers not delegated in the Constitution to the states and the people.

• BmanBman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@bencook2.

I don't know how you were raised but my father often told me. If someone hits you hit them back twice as hard. But don't ever let me hear that you threw the first punch. This is ROn Pauls foreign policy. You idiots who think it's a plan to hide from the world need to take the cotton out of your ears. Plus how do plan on paying for our current foreign policy. I'm all ears.

• pkeairnespkeairnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

During the Republican presidential debates, Giuliani and McCain blasted Paul for stating that we should consider WHY we were attacked on 9/11. I knew that Paul was alone on the right side of things. Of course we defend ourselves, but also endeavor to change the conditions that cause people around the world to want to give up their own lives to kill us. Do the right thing, but do it better.

• pkeairnespkeairnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In "A Foreign Policy of Freedom", a book of his writings/speeches in congress, he makes a consistently good case for American intervention into foreign affairs having left our country and the world as a whole in a worse position than if we had stayed out of places where we have no business. There's a huge difference between protectionism and non-interventionism. His ideas are worth serious review.

• toHELLwithRepublicanstoHELLwithRepublicans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This Paul forum has beautifully illustrated the irreconcilable differences between uncompromising patriot Paulers and the leftist un-American republicans. "Ron paul is an idiot" infers just as much rational as "Bush hates black people." Helps us to see just how similar the two "opposing" sides truly are. Anybody up for swappin the elephant for the dodo?

• Tumbleweed_SteveTumbleweed_Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without recognition of Ron Paul's REAL conservative ideas and "honest" non-secret cosiety based economic policy, the republican party is DEAD! Get it? DEAD!
        But when you continue to allow the BLUE LODGE membership to run your country...what do you expect? This is NOT what made our country great. And it sure as heck is doing a GREAT JOB of destroying the United States right now. Wake UP!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base