The next RNC Chairman should...

Reach out to Ron Paul and the Campaign for Freedom

The younger generation is overwhelmingly turning away from the social conservative platform perpetuated by what they see as "old, grumpy, white guys"
Instead they are turning by the thousands to people such as Ron Paul and his Campaign for Freedom to give them fresh perspective and a new outlook on the way a government should be run.

Ron Paul already has mobilized the younger generation through the use of the internet (just check out facebook and see who the most supported candidate was through the primaries)...

If the RNC ignores this youthful, strong, and passionate subset of the population, the party will increasingly become less relevant as these young people grow up.

5,883 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kingjoeviikingjoevii shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1232 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jon.verretjon.verret commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Ron Paul is an idiot!" -WhoDad

You should do your homework on a man who was a flight surgeon in the Air Force, delivered Hundreds of children, and has had the common sense to oppose the various toxic bailouts being shoved down the American Tax Payer's already soar throats. You should try forming your own opinions by doing research, instead of from the main stream media.

• JimBobTJimBobT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ron Paul isn't a protectionist. That's absurd. And his foreign policy isn't either. He wants to trade with the rest of the world. He's just against the liberal internationalist foreign policy of the NeoCons. Defend the USA and avoid foreign wars that aren't any concern to us. Ronald Reagan thought the United States should be neutral in the Middle East .

• AaronAaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"The younger generation is overwhelmingly turning away from the social conservative platform perpetuated by what they see as "old, grumpy, white guys""

Considering that Ron Paul is a social conservative (who can't tell the Constitution from the Bible), who endorsed a theocratic 9/11-truther last year, and a grumpy old white guy, the teenagers who like him just didn't know what he stood for.

• bencook2bencook2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ron Paul is poison to conservatism. Ron is a Libertarian. His protectionist views are simple minded and not real-world. In fact, to be frank, it is silly. You can't have protectionist foreign policy. Domestically he has some good ideas but nothing all that original. What scares me most are the kooks that flock to his rhetoric. No room for them in the big tent.

• eddiealleneddieallen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Detractors of Dr. Paul's non-interventionist foreign policy argue that "Muslims want to kill us because we're free, blah, blah, blah"

These are the same people that would argue that after you are bitten by a dog you have been hitting with a stick, it's the dog's fault.

• Madfoot713Madfoot713 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Ron Paul is a nut, and weak on National Security Issues. He believes that the reason we were attacked on 9/11 is because we have a troop presense in the Middle East."

If nothing else, I consider that a more satisfying answer than "they hate us for our freedoms".

• SteveOSteveO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To Classicaliberal and all that believe that Ron Paul is naive because he states we were attacked because we have troops in the middle east (notably saudi). Ex-CIA chief Michael Scheuers wrote 'Marching toward Hell, and Imperial Hubris. Scheuer states that of all 2008 Presidential candidates, ONLY Ron Paul correctly understands the problems with US Foreign policy. so please study a little.

• biljbilj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't vote Pub or Dem this time around. I did find Ron Paul refreshing because he knows finance and doesn't display a lot of self-nterested. The Republican party is full of pomp we need someone real to have some input.

• classicaliberalclassicaliberal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ron Paul is a nut, and weak on National Security Issues. He believes that the reason we were attacked on 9/11 is because we have a troop presense in the Middle East. At best, he is delusioned, at worst he is seriously niave on foriegn policy and national security!

• toHELLwithRepublicanstoHELLwithRepublicans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lord willing, we shall see further rejection of this constitution-stamping herd of filthy elephants by the Ron Paul folk. And the smell that forced the weak to "hold their nose and vote"... that smell is EVIL. May God bless my American brethren to follow Truth, our Constitution and it's Bill of Rights. Those are the root that WILL endure. COMPROMISE NOTHING! NOTHING!
        campaignforliberty.com

• vfrenchvfrench commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those claiming Ron Paul removed himself from campaigning. He did not.

He left the last presidential race during the Texas Republican State Convention, but in doing so created the national political group Campaign for Liberty. This group is designed to train and educated even more people than the previous grass roots movement did for the last election and we took the conventions by storm.

• zatavuzatavu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Changing the minds of politicians has failed. We have to change the culture. That's what The Emerson Institute for Freedom and Culture a 501(c)(3) free market think tank focused on the arts and humanities, was created to do. Come join our efforts.

www.emersoninstitute.org

• eddiealleneddieallen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Republican Party has ignored what almost every person who has considered Dr. Paul's record has admitted: here is a candidate with integrity. How many candidates do YOU believe?

The Republican Party will fail if they continue to ignore the fact that Ron Paul is the only Republican that attracts voters from all parties.

• drwillywildcatdrwillywildcat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Part four
        I doubt my comment will be taken seriously due to age, but to all who voted Paul in the primaries or wrote him in, I did my part by speaking out and donating, will you do your part?

Kudos to those who put votes on this idea, bravacimo to those who put three.

Paulite signing out.

Feedback and Knowledge Base