The next RNC Chairman should...

Reach out to Ron Paul and the Campaign for Freedom

The younger generation is overwhelmingly turning away from the social conservative platform perpetuated by what they see as "old, grumpy, white guys"
Instead they are turning by the thousands to people such as Ron Paul and his Campaign for Freedom to give them fresh perspective and a new outlook on the way a government should be run.

Ron Paul already has mobilized the younger generation through the use of the internet (just check out facebook and see who the most supported candidate was through the primaries)...

If the RNC ignores this youthful, strong, and passionate subset of the population, the party will increasingly become less relevant as these young people grow up.

5,883 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kingjoevii shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1232 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Xenophage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can't mimic the tactics of the Ron Paul phenomena, because there were none. It was a spontaneous, enthusiastic interest in a truly conservative political ideology. Real conservatism in the tradition of Berry Goldwater, who was also against the drug war and against wars of aggression. If the RP isn't going to be conservative, it isn't going to be anything.

• butch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Endorsing the constitution meant that he was dissatisfied with the way that the current parties and their leaders are running the country. Ron Paul reached out and made the single highest money bomb back in November.. I'm pretty sure it would help the GOP if they would start including him and listening to him.

• TWD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

bholbrook is right on. Ron Paul is not the future of the Republican party. Remember that he never got far in the primaries, despite tremendous grass roots support. Quite frankly Ron Paul ensured that nobody can take him seriously when he came out in open support of voting 3rd party.

• angelatc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a Ron Paul Repulican, age 45 If you continie to present me with candidates that run on bigger government I will continue to vote and donate to 3rd party candidates. The GOP neocons slammed the door in the face of it's youngest, most enthusiastic supporters. There was cheating and deception in the state nominating processes. You should have a Campaign For Liberty position on your board.

• NEPA_Revolution commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Republican Party definitely needs to develop a more libertarian selection of candidates. If they would have embraced Ron Paul, the change, ideas, and grassroots force he commanded, we would not be having this discussion.

• bholbrook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reach out to or mimic tactically? I say mimic tactically in terms of organization and outreach. I don't think we need to go all the way Libertarian here. Not great on foreign policy, national security and drug legalization, for example.

• q_mick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, focusing on the Constitution and backing candidates that will take their oaths seriously would be good common ground where you might be able to work with or for the CFL.

• Kemp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, if the Republican Party wants its future to be bright, it will analyze the core of what Ron Paul has illustrated. This message is what brought about the Goldwater and Reagan Revolution before the Republican Party was co-opted by big government Neo-cons. We need to return to limited constitutional republican government.

• fricker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are a lot of important issues that Ron Paul brings up: Money Supply, Endless Wars, Personal Freedom. We need these debates front and center in the leadership debate.

1 2 58 59 60 62 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base