The next RNC Chairman should...

Embrace the FairTax as sponsored by Rep John Linder

This is the most researched piece of legislation ever offered. Implimentation of this plan would create such a boom to our economy we would be worried about how to slow it down rather then how to stimulate it. Two books "The FairTax Book" and "FairTax: The Truth (Answering the Critics)" have been written on the subject and contain a wealth of information. While this topic is easy to demagogue, if we stick to the facts the case is easily made in favor of this fantastic method of tax reform.

2,479 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Vic LovellVic Lovell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

86 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • USA-DogUSA-Dog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A worker nation is what the Republican Party is currently fighting against. To change that image is near impossible at this time.

• gaol orientedgaol oriented commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As you know, there is NO WAR BUT CLASS WAR and the fair tax is a weapon of the capitalist class, as is the current tax code. Because there are no inevitable enemies except those created by class, the Republican party must embrace the principle that there is NO WAR BUT CLASS WAR and unite with the IWW, SPUSA, and CPUSA against the Democrats to create a workers nation.

• PegasusRPGPegasusRPG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that the FairTax is the highest-ranked issue on this site by far, and has been for months, yet hasn't been accepted reveals something about the party's true willingness to change for the good of the country, don't you think?

• bnkphelpsbnkphelps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Drug dealer on corner pays taxes for own welfare check received. Not you and me alone. Maybe they go get a job and get the drugs off the street now, since the 'free' money is no longer so "free." That's enough for me to support it, not to mention the hundreds of other reasons.

That's all anyone needs to consider to see the benefit. Then think about THAT $ collected for govt... You see?!?

• mjoemacmjoemac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

bdiego,
        I read through your "excellent" articles on the FairTax, and every one of those referenced back to a single hit piece on the FairTax by Bruce Bartlett, an economist who worked in the Reagan Adm. who had a hand in setting up the cluster f*** of a tax system we are now operating under. No wonder he doesn't want to see it scrapped.

• utex93utex93 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

again as posted before, this one should be combined with the #1 ranked Fair Tax item and the votes added together.

• biljbilj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No matter what you do with the tax system the Republican party and Wall Street will have loopholes in their favor and the rest of us will pay as usual.

• noshadownoshadow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The FT bill is 33 pages long, and will be nearly impossible for the feds to tamper with without a super majority. The income tax has nearly 69000 pages of tax law, and is used by Congress not just to raise money, but for social engineering; in other words, to make you do or not do whatever they want. A sentence added to a highway bill can alter the tax code to reward some favored supporters.

• noshadownoshadow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

bdiego, The Fair Tax rate of 23% is inclusive, and is figured in exactly the same way the income tax is computed. If you want to have the FT computed exclusively, then I will point out to you that an income tax rate of 25% is actually 33%. Read both of the books! Don't just regurgitate the demagogic talking points of the liberals who are absolutely terrified of the power loss to the fed gov.

• bdiegobdiego commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm all for tax reform, but fairtax is simply misguided at best and some of its supporters are flat out dishonest. First off, FairTax claims a tax rate of 23% but it's factually 30%, this is simply marketing spin like a box of cereal saying the presence of insects is "all natural". Not to mention 30% is also a dishonest estimate.
        http://www.factcheck.org/taxes/unspinning_the_fairtax.html

• griepfamgriepfam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This combined with "support HR-25" has plenty of support to put it as the first priority.

• MikeAmber2003MikeAmber2003 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel obligated to pay my FAIR SHARE of the cost of government. I am unlikely to do so under the current tax system. The FairTax ensures that I and my neighbors and tourists and immigrants and EVERYONE pays a fair share. It makes good sense and that's all there is to it.

• evolutionviiievolutionviii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

think that it would be kind of nice to be able to sit down and read the tax code in a couple of hours and be able to understand it. With the fair tax that would be possible. I also would like to take home 100% of my paycheck. I want the decision to be mine when and how much I pay in taxes. I would like the American people to choose who gets bailed out. NO MORE IRS!!!!!! FAIRTAX!!!!!!!!!!!!

• evolutionviiievolutionviii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Democrats like to toss around the term "Fair". They need to pay their "fair" share, is most commonly used. They just can't seem to come to terms with the word "fair" when it comes to taxes though. How much more fair can you get? Everyone, billionaires to prostitutes to illegal aliens all would pay the same 23% at the cash register. That is fair.

• kaydurdenkaydurden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Read the book!!!!! You don't understand the Fair Tax until you read the Book.

KRD

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base